We have recently redesigned our web site. We hope you are enjoying the new features and the new organization. Some people have had difficulty adjusting to the new format of the site. We’ve provided this page to help answer some common questions about the new site and how it works.
Most problems can be solved by simply upgrading to the newest version of your web browser. You may be using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari or another browser. For the best experience on our web site, we recommend using the most recent version of Mozilla Firefox (download here) or Google Chrome (download here). They are both completely free, reliable browsers that will eliminate most issues you could have with our web site.
We are experimenting with different settings to help make our videos work for the most people possible. If you have any trouble playing videos on our site, you can always watch any of our videos here. http://vimeo.com/pitn/videos.
We are doing our best to make our videos work for the most people as possible. That means experimenting with different video formats over time. If a video isn’t working on your computer, try watching the video you’re looking for on our Vimeo channel. http://vimeo.com/pitn/videos. Please be patient as we make this transition.
Safari recently changed the way it plays video. Sometimes the browser may conflict with the video player we use. We’ll do our best to make it work everywhere, but some have reported the message “Something is broken.” when trying to watch using Safari on a Mac. If you get this message, please try watching the video on our Vimeo channel or in one of our recommended browsers, Mozilla Firefox (download here) or Google Chrome (download here).
If a video is taking a long time to load, try refreshing your browser and playing it again. We recommend you wait until the video has completely loaded to start watching. Also check to make sure your internet connection is working properly. The video server might be temporarily busy. Try watching again in a few minutes.
There are two ways to do this.
- You can click on the small button in the bottom right hand corner of the Daily News Update video player. Move your mouse over the video to make it appear.
- You can click on the button below the video that reads “Watch more.” This button will take you to an archive of all of the Daily News Updates where they are also at a larger size. Click here to go there now.
There are three ways to avoid the motion of the slider.
- Click on one of the arrows in the bottom corners of the sliding images. Clicking on them will stop the automatic motion and let you control their motion.
- You can watch the video in full screen mode by clicking the small button in the bottom right hand corner of the Daily News Update video player. Move your mouse over the video to make it appear. This will expand the video to fill your whole screen.
- You can click on the button below the video that reads “Watch more.” This button will take you to an archive of all of the Daily News Updates, where there is no other motion and you can watch all the updates since we launched the new site. Click here to go there now.
Flash plays the video on our site when you are using an older browser. Download the newest version of Flash Player by clicking here.
You can watch all of our Daily News Updates since September 1st on our web site by clicking on the “Watch more” button below the Daily News Update video on the home page. Or you can go right to the Daily News Update archive. Click here to go there now. If you know which day it was, you can search for a specific date in the search bar at the top of the site. (Search using this format for best results: September 1, 2010)
Yes. Click here to go to our podcast page, where you can download our programs for free. iTunes makes it easy to organize the programs. Once you use iTunes to download it, you can put the video file anywhere on your computer and play it with other video players if you want.
Unfortunately, our archives from years of TV programs is not easily converted to web-friendly video. We are working on uploading popular past programs and interviews. Please be patient and if there is a specific program you would like to have featured, let us know. We’ll try to get it up for you soon. For now, check out the programs we currently have available.